Cary, NC- CaryCitizen has created the Cary Scavenger Hunt for the last seven years and every year we are impressed and surprised by the ingenuity of our competitive teams. They work together and strategize to be the best during their quest to learn all about Cary, the town we all know and love. Read more
Cary, NC — CaryCitizen held the 5th annual Cary Scavenger Hunt Saturday September 13, 2014 and the rainy forecast did not dampen our spirits. An early call for a move to Town Hall made sure our booths and teams were dry for the afternoon festivities and awards. Read more
Cary, NC- Some of the most iconic leaders in Cary will be on our panel of judges for the 2014 Cary Scavenger Hunt. Thank you, judges!
Cary Scavenger Hunt – Connecting People
CaryCitizen likes to connect people in the community. Our Cary Scavenger Hunt is our biggest example of how we do that in a very real and physical way through an event that brings people, places and businesses together all in one fun-filled day.
All teams are judged by some of Cary’s famous town leaders. These include the Town Council members, a State Legislator, presidents and directors of some of Cary’s most iconic institutions.
Be on your best behavior! Teams may get hot under the collar as they present their answers to our clues, and they will be judged by these wonderful town leaders. You wouldn’t want to get on their bad side, would you?
Our Esteemed Judges
Chief Judge – Joy Pike, former Chairperson, Heart of Cary Association.
- Doc Thorne – Past president, Heart of Cary Association
- Kris Carmichael – Supervisor, Page-Walker Arts & History Center
- Peggy Van Scoyac – Cary historian
- Ed Yerha – At-Large Member, Cary Town Council
- Becky Colwell – Manager, Koka Booth Amphitheatre
- Lyman Collins – Cultural Arts Manager, Town Of Cary
- Jack Smith, Town Council District C representative
- Tom Murry – Representative, North Carolina State Legislature, District 41
- Preeti Waas – Executive Chef of the Matthews House
- Ralph Ashworth – Owner of Daphne’s Hallmark and Ashworth Drugs
- Rachel Baranski – Director, Applause! Cary Youth Theatre
- Susanne Portanova – House Manager, Cary Arts Center
- Howard Manning – Executive Director, Dorcas Ministries
- Mary Davis Wallace – Executive Director, Cary Visual Art
- Eleanor Thorne – Businesswoman, member of Cary’s Technology Task Force
- Steve Thorne – Businessman, lifelong Cary resident
- Denise Russo – Heart of Cary Association
Now’s your chance to test your knowledge and have fun building some connections to the town we all love. Whether you’ve lived here your whole life, or you moved in last year, you will learn something about Cary on Sept 21- we guarantee it!
There’s less than 1 week to register for the fun.
4th Annual Cary Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, Sept 21, 2013
starts and finishes at historic Page-Walker Arts & History Center
119 Ambassador Loop
Downtown Cary, NC
Check in at 9am. All teams must return to Page-Walker by 1:30 pm. Winners announced approximately 3 pm.
Cary, NC- You gotta be in it to win it! The Cary Scavenger Hunt is just 4 weeks away and that means, its time to register and guarantee that your team will be wearing our fun event t-shirts while competing! We are dropping hints on our facebook page– look there and you may have several answers ready before you even have a cluebook in hand!
Cheaper than a Movie Date
Registration costs only $49.99 per team of 4 people. You won’t need to spend ANY additional money that day, unless you need to fill up your tank. The day includes your lunch, prizes, t-shirts, and lots of memories and a fun festival at the finish area. It’s cheaper than sending your family to the movies! And more memorable! Can you even tell me the last movie you saw and what the plot was?
You will learn all about Cary and yourselves during the day.
What you should know: Even if you think you don’t have enough points to win, the day is filled with fun, and there is a prize for our team with the absolute LOWEST score! Winners will receive trophies and prizes which this year includes CASH!
Its a Party
The day begins at 9 at the Page-Walker when you check in, and all teams must return by 1:30 to have their scores tallied. At the finish we have a party planned with food, crafts and entertainment. If you’re hungry, Tijuana Flats, Another Broken Egg, Smoothie King, Chick Fil A Waverly and Great Harvest Bread Co will feed you. Tired? We’ve scheduled performances by the International Ballet Academy, Concert Singers of Cary, Tiger Rock Martial Arts and the Cary Y Superskippers to help you chill out. The Cary Creative Center will be working on crafts with the kids. Our winners will be announced around 3:00.
SO What are you waiting for? Check out the event website and sign up today- you could still be entered to drive a FIAT for the day and save yourselves a tankful of gas! Register before September 9 to guarantee that everyone on your team gets to wear one of our great event T shirts!
Register for the 2013 Cary Scavenger Hunt here
- Sat September 21
- Page Walker Arts and History Center
- 119 Ambassador Loop, Downtown Cary
- Check In at 9:00am, finish by 3:00 pm
- Price $49.99/ team all inclusive